Today. Thursday May 19th, is a Day of Prayer For London, Ontario. It started this morning with our annual city wide prayer breakfast and continues today as we encourage you to pray for our city.
Here are some things we can be praying for:
PRAY FOR THOSE WHO LEAD US
- our mayor and city council
- our provincial and federal representatives
- our leaders in workplaces, schools and churches
PRAY FOR THOSE WHO SERVE US
- our justice, police and fire departments
- our health care workers
- our teachers at every level
- our employers and businesses
PRAY FOR THOSE AT RISK AND ARE VULNERABLE
- our homeless, orphans and widows - those who are alone
- our weak and frail due to aging and sickness
- our fellow citizens who wrestle with mental illness
- our caregivers of these people at home, in organizations, and in ministry
WHAT SHOULD YOU PRAY?
That God would give wisdom to those that lead and serve in the many decisions they make each day and bless them.
That we all would have courage to seek right in spite of many differing opinions.
That justice and freedom would be desired and maintained in our society.
That all individuals would be protected from physical and spiritual harm.
That people would seek to know God personally.
That we would all be good stewards of the resources that have been given to us.
That there would be good co-operation, communication, collaboration, and connection between those seeking to meet the needs in the city.
That churches would be strong and thriving to help meet those needs.
That we all might be more generous in caring for those less fortunate and in need.