So yesterday at our gathering we introduced a new practice for the months of April and May as part of our year of spiritual practice (The Year of The Dojo).
In the Sermon on the Mount Jesus introduces three core spiritual practices:
1. Prayer in Matthew 6:5-15 (which we practiced from January 7-Febrauary 13).
2. Fasting in Matthew 6:16-18 (which we practiced from February 14-April 7)
3. Generosity/Charity in Matthew 6:2-4 (which we are going to practice in April and May)
*** So our practice over April and May is generosity. We are encouraging our community, every single week for the next wight weeks, to give money and resource away.
Dru did an in-depth teaching on generosity and how are going to practice this together. You can listen to it below:
We encourage you to be intentional about exercising generosity. You can do this a few ways:
1. Go to www.cityview.cc/dojo and partner with some of the project both locally and globally that we love as a church.
2. Give to whatever you want! We know many in our church are connected to organizations that are doing good.
3. Many give of their resource to the ongoing weekly work of our church. If you do not participate regularly, we encourage you to join in with us! We believe that we are apart of a community that does good within our city.
Our hope is that we could practice our way into loving to be generous. Here’s a couple things to keep in mind:
1. We encourage you to practice generosity even if you feel like you don’t have a lot. The beauty of our community is we have a wide rage of economic positions. We encourage everyone, even if it is something small, to participate throughout these eight weeks.
2. We encourage you, if you have kids, to get them involved. Make a contribution together. Give them some options of what you could give towards and bring them into the conversation.
Looking forward to practicing this together!
The City View Team